Meet the IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition
If you’re a passionate Lexus IS fan, the world changed in a big way a few months ago. Earlier this year, Lexus unveiled the most powerful version of the Lexus IS ever designed—the 2022 Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance, which comes with an enormous 5.0-liter V8 naturally aspirated engine (capable of 472 horsepower). The vehicle is also the first in Lexus’ new F SPORT Performance line.
But note this opportunity: there’s a chance to own an even more unique version of the vehicle via the model’s special limited-production version (only 500 will be made). Called the IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition, not only does the vehicle come with the standard model’s power, aerodynamics, and sensory features (including a ferocious-sounding quad exhaust system)—it sports several unique touches.
1. First, let’s talk about its foundation: Like the new IS 500 F SPORT Performance, the Launch Edition version shares the vehicle’s track-worthy V8 muscle, as well as advanced handling technologies designed for control and exhilaration around corners and straightaway accelerations (like a Torsen® limited slip differential). It also comes with the standard model’s array of technologies, such as the Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 safety-features package and Drive Mode Select.
2. And then there are the exclusive features: For starters, unique to the Launch Edition is a special—and sleek—interior feel, thanks to the seats, door accents, and center console receiving an exclusive two-tone Black & Gray Ultrasuede® trim material. Plus there’s unique badging and a silver ash wood treatment for the vehicle’s heated leather-wrapped steering wheel.
3. It’s also got some impressive special effects: One of the sensory joys of certain Lexus models are the instrument lighting designs that activate with vehicle ignition. The Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition comes with its own special treatment. When the driver presses the ignition button, not only does the engine audibly roar to life—the combination instrumentation meter lights up with an exclusive Launch Edition startup animation.
4. Drivers also get their own color: Just as the interior has its own special look and feel, the Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition sports an exterior color that’s new to the Lexus palette—the sleek, white-hued Incognito color.
5. The vehicle also comes with special wheels: Other updates include the Launch Edition’s performance wheels—19-inch forged BBS® wheels finished in matte black. These lighter wheels contribute to the Launch Edition’s handling and agility capabilities by removing approximately four pounds of unsprung weight from each corner.
Like the standard model, the Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition is expected to be available this fall. In the meantime, sign up for email alerts.
 Torsen® is a registered trademark of JTEKT Torsen, Inc.
 BBS is a registered trademark of BBS of America, Inc.
 Tire life may be substantially less than mileage expectancy, depending on driving conditions.